Major rehabilitation and restoration projects are a long-term commitment. After the landscaping and construction phases are over, projects enter a maintenance period. During this time, vegetation must be cared for to ensure contractual obligations are met.
Our approach to maintenance is two-fold. Initially, we commence a three-month establishment period that provides intensive management of the planted area. During this time we:
- closely monitor plants and tube stock, making replacements as necessary
- fertilise and mulch to help establish health root systems
- remove weeds and rubbish
- check moisture levels to ensure plants are getting enough water.
After the establishment period is complete, we will manage your maintenance program for the required timeframes – long or short term. This covers:
- ongoing, regular site visits (usually once a month)
- fertilising, mulching and watering as needed
- weeding and pruning as plants become more established
- removing rubbish and keeping up general presentation
- helping assess any storm or flood damage as required.
At the end of this time, your site will be ready for final inspection and sign off